Monday, February 9, 2009

The most fun I've had all day




As I stood and stared at the soup that was on special offer I had a mild craving for a cigarette.  A gentle prod out of nowhere.  Less common now, it felt good that I could accept it, ignore it and move on.  Cock-a-leekie, wild mushroom, pea and leek chowder.  To hell with it I thought.  I'll just have beans on toast, I've got beans and bread at home.  Easier and cheaper.  What a waste of time.  I could've just stayed in bed.  I called to my girlfriend who was flicking through the newspapers and together we walked out.


As we approached our flat she asked if I had my keys.  'No' I said.  'What?' she replied with some alarm.  'No I didn't bring my keys.  You told me you had yours'.  She looked furious, stood still in the middle of the pavement.  'Are you joking?' she asked.  'Yes.  Yes I'm joking' I said with an amused sigh.  She shook her head and called me a dick as we continued towards our front door.  


1 comment:

  1. That's it. Beans on toast. That's what I want for tea.

    It's a good gag.

    ReplyDelete